What is Teletherapy (online therapy)?
Teletherapy allows the facilitation of therapy via live video and audio over the internet. You can meet with your therapist on the go or in your home using any smart device of your choice (cell phone/iPad etc.).
Benefits of Teletherapy
- Convenience- Since you will be attending your therapy sessions online in the comfort of your own home, you can schedule your therapy sessions for times that are most convenient for you.
- Accessibility- Online therapy provides accessibility to individuals who are disabled, homebound or live in remote areas. Mobility can be a big issue when it comes to accessing mental health care. Individuals who are unable to leave their homes for various reasons, may find online therapy a useful alternative to traditional psychotherapy settings.
- Reduced cost- Online therapy eliminates the costs associated with travel time and gas.
- Eliminating social stigma- Online therapy can help with eliminating the social stigma related to receiving mental counseling or other therapy.
- Increased Progress- Online therapy allows clients to participate in therapy more regularly by removing the obstacles faced by most people thus allowing clients to reach their therapy goals faster.
What are you waiting for? Try teletherapy! If you’re starting to wonder about teletherapy, you can take a chance and try it for yourself. Don’t listen to people’s assumptions about online therapy who haven’t tried it themselves. Some individuals who have only been to therapy in a tradition in-person setting might not see the value of teletherapy or understand how it works. To make an accurate judgment on teletherapy, you must try it for yourself.
The convenience of scheduling a therapy appointment online cannot be undervalued. Quickly pick a date and time and you’ve scheduled your first online appointment. Teletherapy is advantageous for someone with anxiety or paranoia. You’re on your turf. You’re talking to somebody where you feel like you can be yourself, and that’s something unique about online therapy.